Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A New Start

Today, well I guess it was actually yesterday since it is now 1:30am, I decided to start a blog to keep up with all of the things going on in my life. With a little help from my youngest daughter, I decided to rename my blog, Hiccups. This was the name of a catering business I had at one time. I thought it would be fitting because we all experience those hiccups in life that keep us on our toes.

One of the things I will be sharing are the recipes I use to make my smoothies each morning. This is NOT an exact science. I mainly just throw a bunch of stuff in the blender. Today's concoction was really good!

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie

Ingredients:
2 handfuls of baby spinach
2 cups of frozen fruit (Today's was a mix of pineapple, strawberries, peaches, and mango.)
1 Container of Strawberry Greek yogurt
About 1/2 -3/4 cup of carrot juice
1 Tablespoon of honey
1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
1/4 cup of Organic Old Fashioned Oats

Blend all ingredients except Oats until smooth. Stir oats in and serve. I like my smoothies thick. If you prefer them to be thinner, you could add more carrot juice or skim milk. 

I split today's smoothie with Abbi. She and I both loved it. She especially loved the oats. I actually sprinkled a few extra on the top of her smoothie. She said it was "Yummy!"

Tomorrow, we are going to add ground flax seed to our smoothies.

No comments:

Post a Comment